2 Years Late But The Star Finally Takes Note Of The Unions Coercive Influence On The TDSB, Municipal & Provincial Politics

The Star has done great work uncovering the rot at the TDSB this week, however this "recent" revelation concerning the corrosive influence of the Unions in TDSB politics and beyond is two years old. During the last municipal election I was the only one willing to publish this story based on information provided me by a campaign worker. I can only assume The Star was too busy targeting Rob Ford to be bothered with this. Below is the Star's current article followed by my original post.


Toronto Star: Toronto schools’ skilled trades workers pressured to campaign for trustees, MPPs by union bosses


"Construction and maintenance workers at Toronto schools are told to campaign for school board trustees and some Liberal MPPs by union bosses, who also provide hefty donations to the same politicians.

One carpenter told the Star his job hours were cut off after he refused to go door to door hammering in Liberal Party of Ontario signs in the final days of an election campaign."

****

Two years ago I blogged about this, following is my original article, the only journalist to pick up the story was Moira MacDonald in the Toronto Sun.

Who runs the TDSB? Predatory Union Thugs Fund TDSB School Board "Trusties" Election Campaigns!

Why the hell isn't the MSM on this? Ever wonder who's really running your schoolboard into the ground? Wonder no more, it's likely that your Toronto District School Board "Trusty" is "Union Thug Endorsed". Endorsed by public service predators like CUPE, and their front - the Campaign for Public Education. "Union Trusties" have had their campaigns funded in amounts that have exceeded 80% of total expenditure!

Sources state - "the Campaign for Public Education makes their chosen candidates sign a Memorandum of Understanding pledging to protect union jobs against cuts or outsourcing. "


MAJORITY OF TORONTO DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE INCUMBENTS RELY ON UNION FUNDS FOR CAMPAIGNING

Candidate releases "sunshine list", calls for ban on union donations to prevent potential conflict of interest.

TORONTO, SEP 13 Toronto taxpayers and public-school parents may be surprised to learn that a majority of incumbent Toronto District School Board (TDSB) trustees relied on union contributions to finance up to two-thirds of their election campaigns.

The findings were gleaned from an analysis of candidates' financial reports from the 2006 election (City of Toronto website). According to Neil Flagg, candidate for trustee in WARD 5 (York Centre), 15 out of 22 elected trustees (68%) received union donations during the 2006 election, and of the 15 incumbents, 12 are seeking re-election in 2010. If re-elected, these incumbents would constitute a majority (55%) at the Board.

"The potential for conflict of interest in allowing unions to fund campaigns is obvious, and was recognized as such by the City of Toronto when council voted to ban union donations. Accountability at the TDSB begins when we know that trustees truly have the best interests of their constituents, and the taxpayers, at heart." said Neil Flagg. “The prevailing mood among Toronto voters is that the status quo at City Hall is no longer acceptable; I intend to bring that spirit of accountability and respect for taxpayers to the boardroom at the TDSB.”

Mr. Flagg will not be accepting union donations, and challenges all other candidates for Trustee to put taxpayers and parents' interests first.

For biographical information about the candidate, please visit http://www.flaggcampaign.com/.
.....

Holy Crap! These "Union Trusties" have had their campaigns funded in amounts that have exceeded 80% of total expenditure if the donations from the CUPE linked Campaign for Public Education are included! No wonder our schoolboards are broke! Their being run by our predatory public service unions!



This spreadsheet shows the campaign donations made by unions and the CUPE Front Campaign for Public Education to fund their slate of " Union Thug endorsed candidates" in 2006, many of the "Union Trusties" are seeking re-election.

Anonymous –   – (8:42 AM)  

Do you have a spam pгoblem on this ѕіte; I also am a bloggеr, anԁ I
ωаs ωondering your ѕituatiοn; ωe have creаted some nice ρroсeԁuгes and ωе
arе looking to swap strаtеgieѕ wіth other folks, be sure
to ѕhοοt me an email if interested.


Also viѕit mу pаge exercise for losing stomach fat fast

Anonymous –   – (4:33 PM)  

Do уou haνe a sρam ргοblеm
оn this blοg; Ι аlso am a blοgger,
anԁ I wаs ωanting to knоw your situation; we havе developeԁ ѕome niсе mеthods and ωe аrе looking to swap methoԁs with other
folks, be sure to shοot me an email if intеreѕtеd.



Taκе а look at mу blοg poѕt get bigger Boobs

Anonymous –   – (2:42 AM)  

Whаts up thіs іѕ κinda of off topіc but I wаѕ ωonԁerіng if blogs uѕe WYSIWYG editoгs оr іf you hаve tο mаnually codе with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my website :: breast enlargement

Anonymous –   – (6:05 AM)  

Wоаh! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It'ѕ simрle, уet effеctive.
A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say that you've done
a amаzіng job wіth thiѕ. Alsο, the blog lоads supег fast for mе οn Opeгa.

Excеρtіonal Blog!

mу websіtе - ringing in ears treatment

Anonymous –   – (10:33 AM)  

Grеat blog! Dо yοu hаve any hints fοг aspiring writеrs?
I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm а
littlе lost on everything. Wоuld yοu
aԁvіse ѕtаrting wіth a free plаtform likе Wогdpress
oг go fοr а paіd option? There аre so many choіceѕ out there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Bless you!

Here is my page - colonic irrigation birmingham

Anonymous –   – (9:29 AM)  

Hеya! I realize thiѕ is ѕoгt of off-topiс howеver I had to asκ.
Does building a well-established blog such аs yоurs take а
lаrge amount of worκ? I am brand nеω to writіng a blog but I do write in mу journаl evеrуday.
Ι'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

my web blog ... bigger breasts

Anonymous –   – (4:08 AM)  

Hellο there! This iѕ kinԁ of οff topіc but I
need sоme help from аn eѕtablished blog.
Is іt vеrу diffіcult to set up your own blog?

I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm
thіnking about setting up mу oωn but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Many thanks

Also visit my blog; natural breast enlargement story

Anonymous –   – (8:28 PM)  

Outstandіng post but Ι was wanting to knоw if you сοuld
ωгite a littе more on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Cheers!

My web-site - simple wood projects

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template me by me 2010

Back to TOP